Purpose and aim of the contract
To support Arts Derbyshire’s Board of Trustees, workers and programmes of work.
Arts Derbyshire is the partnership organisation for strategic arts development in Derbyshire. It is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation. Its charitable objects are:
“The promotion of the arts for the benefit of the public in Derbyshire by working with service providers, arts professionals and the public to enable best practice arts development and enrich people’s lives in such ways as the charity trustees think fit including by:
- Providing strategic direction for arts development in Derbyshire;
- The effective use of charitable resources in the voluntary arts sector by working with arts organisations, local authorities and public bodies;
- Promoting and enabling collaborative working for arts development in Derbyshire;
- Ecouraging more people to take part in the arts in Derbyshire, particularly those who are disadvantaged socially, economically or through physical or mental health problems.”
The Administrator will:
- Provide administrative support to Trustees and workers
- Arrange Trustee meetings, including Board meetings and sub-group meetings
- Take minutes at Trustee Board meetings and Arts Derbyshire member meetings
- Help develop Arts Derbyshire’s manual of policies
- Help to compile and circulate weekly e-newsletters
- Gather information and update Arts Derbyshire web pages
- Help organise conferences, events and meetings
- Ensure that lists of members are kept up to date
- Issue invoices and ensure all financial transactions are recorded in the spreadsheet and in the finance programme
- Liaise with the Co-operative Bank as necessary about the Arts Derbyshire account
- Work with the Treasurer to provide information to and liaise with the auditors about the annual accounts
- Manage Arts Derbyshire’s Zoom, etc. accounts
- Manage Arts Derbyshire’s Google Drive filing system
- Undertake general administration duties, such as filing, responding to requests for information, printing, taking notes at meetings, dealing with post, etc.
The contract is for one year from 1st September 2021 to 31st August 2022, with an option to extend for up to a further 24 months.
The Administrator will work from home or at the Arts Derbyshire office at Alfreton Library. Venues for meetings will usually be online or in Alfreton but will occasionally be in other places throughout the county.
The Administrator will be able to use the computer and other equipment in the Arts Derbyshire office, but will need to have access to their own office space and equipment.
Debi Hedderwick, Chair of Trustees, will manage the contract. The administrator will also need to liaise with the other freelance contractors working on Arts Derbyshire projects, particularly with Helena Reynolds, the Arts & Health Co-ordinator, and with Ann Wright, the Head of Arts at Derbyshire County Council. There will be regular phone and online meetings throughout the contract with the Chair, the Treasurer and the Head of Arts.
The maximum budget is £10,000 per annum, at a maximum rate of £100/day. This figure is inclusive of VAT and all other expenses, including travel. The Administrator is a self-employed person responsible for paying their own tax and NI. Unless agreed otherwise, itemised invoices will be submitted monthly by the Administrator and will be paid within 10 days.
The Administrator will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent administrative skills, preferably with experience of administrating a charity
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent financial management skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Access to own computer and space to work from
Award of the contract
The award of the contract will be based on six elements:
- Quality and content of the proposal
- Match with this specification
- Match with key skills/knowledge
- Experience of the applicant
- Quality of previous work, including references
- Value for money
Requirements for the commission – Applicants should submit the following:
- Your CV, outlining how your skills and experience match our requirements
- Your daily rate of pay
- Two written references from charities, arts organisations and/or local authorities. All applications must be received by 8am on Tuesday, 3rd August 2021. Applications should be sent to Kalila Storey, Treasurer, Arts Derbyshire firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monday, 5th July 2021 – Administrator call-out
- Tuesday, 3rd August 2021, 8am – Deadline for receipt of applications, which must be sent by email
- Wednesday, 4th August 2021 – Shortlisting and call for interview, if required
- Wednesday, 11th August 2021 – Interviews, if required
- Monday, 16th August 2021 – Notification to successful candidate
- Wednesday, 1st September 2021 – Contract start date
This timetable is subject to change, if there are a lot of candidates or if other circumstances intervene.