Junction Arts are getting involved in this years Big Give Christmas Challenge to raise money to inspire young people through And we need your help!
The Big Give is the UK’s biggest online match funding campaign where donations made during the event are doubled by matching them with monies already pledged by supporters. Additional funds can also come from a Big Give Champion which further increases the giving fund.
This year’s Big Give Christmas Challenge will be from midday Tuesday 29th November to midday Tuesday 6th December 2022
The first step for us is to secure £1000 in Pledges. These are used to create our match funding pot and increasing the likelihood that we will attract the support of a Charity Champion. £100 is the minimum pledge permitted by The Big Give. We appreciate that this is a large sum but Pledges are key to the campaign’s success.
Pledgers’ funds are key in 2 ways –
1. Other supporters are more likely to contribute to Junction Arts during the 7 days of The Big Give if they know that their donation will be matched by a Pledger. One pledge, twice the impact.
2. If we secure sufficient Pledges then we may be chosen by a Big Give Champion who will contribute even more to the pot. Quadrupling your impact.
1. A Pledge is a promise of match funding made to a Charity. The Pledge is conditional on the Charity receiving the equivalent amount in online donations on The Big Give Platform – e.g. if you Pledge £100, you are offering to pay up to that amount to a Charity, dependent on them receiving the equivalent amount in Online Donations. You will not be asked to contribute more than your pledged amount.
2. A Pledge must not fulfilled (i.e. paid to the Charity) until after the Match Funding Campaign has finished and before the Pledge deadline i.e. no earlier than 5pm on 6 December 2022 and no later than noon on 14 January 2023.
3. Pledgers should not make an online donation to the Charity to which they have provided the Pledge during the Match Funding Campaign.
Find out what’s on with the Arts Derbyshire newsletter.