4 October 2016
The Commissioner is inviting funding applications which help to deliver his Police and Crime Plan priorities.
- Working to keep the most vulnerable in our communities safe from crime and harm and supporting those who are a victim of crime
- Strong and effective partnership working
- Tackling the impact of drugs and alcohol on communities
- Supporting those with mental health issues, including those with learning difficulties, who come into contact with the Criminal Justice System
- Working with young people, as victims or offenders, to understand their needs and prevent them becoming involved in criminal activities.
The Commissioner will be looking for:
- Projects which empower the local community to tackle problems in their neighbourhood areas
- Projects organised by (and involving) community/neighbourhood groups
- Projects that can demonstrate that they can make a difference to local communities
- Projects that take a new approach to tackling long term problems
- Projects that foster good relations between partner agencies and communities and do not work in isolation.
Are you eligible?
- Your group/organisation must have a set of rules, memorandum of understanding or Constitution (governing document)
- Your group/organisation must have an active management team/board of Trustees of at least three people who are unrelated
- Your group/organisation must have a bank account in the name of the group with at least two unrelated signatories.
Please provide as much of the following information as possible:
Identify the need for the project and provide evidence of this need
Please explain the overall point of your project
The change you aim to bring about
The main services and activities you plan to carry out, what those working on your project will actually do and when
Monitoring and measuring progress
How you will demonstrate the change your project achieves.
How to apply
Application forms, guidance and deadline dates can be found on the Commissionerís website in the Grants section details below.
Small grants any amount up to £2,500
Applications received will be fully assessed and final decisions will be communicated within four weeks of the specified dates. Applications can be made up to three times per year.
Large grants any amount from £2,501 - £25,000
There will be just one round of large grant applications per year.
If you have any questions regarding your funding applications please contact the Commissionerís office to have a pre-application discussion with the Grants Officer on 0300 122 60006.